Rules & Regulations
1) The safety and welfare of all students is first and foremost.
2) It is better to be safe than sorry.
3) Wrist watches, straps, buckles, necklaces, earrings, jewelry, or any other object, which may causeinjury, shall not be worn during training.
4) Shoes shall be of soft material without heals.
5) Males must wear protective groin cups and females must wear protective bra cups when sparring.
6) Mouth pieces must be individually fitted and worn during sparring and drilling.
7) Boxing gloves shall be 12 ounces or more for each member.
8) The purpose of hand wraps is to protect the hands. Hand wraps are recommended.
9) Head gear, shin and foot pads, boxing gloves, elbow pads, knee pads, mouthpieces and groinprotection are mandatory for free sparring.
10) Students shall not wear contact lenses or glasses during sparring.
11) No sparring or grappling is allowed without the supervision and permission of an instructor.
12) Only light contact is permitted during sparring. Hard contact is not permitted.
13) No one is allowed to enter the Academy under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
14) Hair shall be worn in such a way as to not interfere with vision.
15) Report all injuries to the instructor immediately.
16) If injured, notify the instructor prior to the start of class.
17) Shoes are NEVER to be worn on the mats.
18) No eating drinking or chewing gum on the floor.
19) Water bottles are permitted in designated areas at mat-side. Other beverages are not allowed onthe floor.
20) Finger and toenails are to be kept clean and trimmed to a reasonable length.
21) Notify a staff member of spills or slippery surfaces so they can be cleaned immediately.
22) Trash should be placed in the proper container.
23) Show respect to instructors and other students at all times. Salute your partner before and aftereach drill.
24) New students and guests should always have a partner to work with.
25) Seek to help each other. Be responsible for your safety and that of others.
26) Higher-ranking students are to help lower ranking students adhere to all matters of protocol andetiquette. Help beginners if possible. Remember you were a beginner once too.
27) No talking while the instructor is addressing the class.
28) Never talk while in line-up. Stand still.
29) Arrive at class on time and mentally prepared for class. Strive to never miss practice.
30) Always be courteous. Hot tempers or offensive language are not permitted and will not betolerated.
31) If you know you will be absent from or late for a class, your instructor should be notified as soonas possible.
32) If you are late to class, wait for the Instructor to give you permission to join the class. If you needto leave early, get permission to do so.
33) Always treat your fellow students with respect and dignity and avoid all horseplay, which disturbsor bothers fellow students.
34) Keep the floor clear of equipment and other items.
35) Store your personal items and equipment on a shelf or out of the way.
36) Put equipment, weights, etc. away in the proper place after use.
37) This is your school. Help to keep it clean and safe.
38) Proper grooming and personal hygiene are mandatory for all members.
39) Avoid criticizing other martial art styles, systems or schools.
40) Only Coaches may coach students during class. Never Coach anyone if you are not a coachunless the official Coach asks you to do so.
41) Parents are not allowed to coach their children during class. That is the job of the instructor.
42) Proper uniforms must be worn for the appropriate class. If not in uniform you will not be allowed toparticipate in class.
43) Always show respect to the instructor. Call them by their title (Ajarn, Sifu, Guro, Kru, Coach) andalways say Sir (male) or Ma’am (female).
44) The martial arts are not to be used with malice. Avoid conflicts and never utilize your martial artsskills unless you or a loved one are seriously threatened with bodily harm. It is always better to talkyour way out of and or walk away from potential altercations.
45) Membership at OC Kickboxing & Mixed Martial Arts is a privilege not a right and may be revokedat any time for any reason at the discretion of the management.